Monday, November 15, 2010

The devil’s done turned me out.
I said, the devil’s done turned me out.
All of this madness I could do without.
I now know what this was all about.

He teased me with forms of good intentions,
Made me feel comfortable going in this direction.

I confused him for an angel,
Didn’t bother with character dissection.
Things felt like they were in place,
No need for further reflection.

The devil’s done turned me out.
I said, the devil’s done turned me out.
All of this madness I could do without.
I now know what this was all about.

Sometimes I still think he means well,
Maybe that’s just the effect of his evil spell.
Can’t believe how hard I fell,
Hiding behind an Angel’s disguise,I couldn’t tell,

He was the hidden cause of my silent cries
While he'd dry the tears from my hopeful eyes.

The devil’s done turned me out.
I said, the devil’s done turned me out.
All of this madness I could do without.
I now know what this was all about.

Running from myself and everyone too,
What am I supposed to do?
Don’t want him to find me again and push me down,
I just don’t want the damned devil around.

Hey Devil, won’t you go away?
Leave me be, I’m here to stay.

The devil’s done turned me out.
I said, the devil’s done turned me out.
All of this madness I could do without.
I now know what this was all about. ©

-maryamnoori-

No comments: