Friday, May 7, 2010

Compassion

Driving on our way home just now, my little brother Amir and I were talking. He is so sweet mashAllah. This is what we just discussed:

"Amir: Maryam, want me to massage your head since you have a migraine?
Me: No, thank you, love. I don't want your hands to get tired.
Amir: It matters more that your head gets better, than for my hands to hurt.
Me: Aww, thank you. That's very kind of you.
Amir: Why are you thanking me? Its from the heart."

Now if only more people were this considerate, compassionate and merciful. Seems most have forgotten such qualities or think its not important.

2 comments:

mariam said...

Mashallah, your brother is so sweet. I totally agree with you Maryam Jaan. Many people have forgotten these qualities. Humduallah, we haven't forgotten. :-) How old is Amir?

Maryam Noori said...

He is very sweet mash'Allah. Amir Jaan turned 10 in March. He is like an old wise man stuck in a child's body. He writes amazing poetry and he is my mini-me :) Can't wait til you meet him insh'Allah!