Thursday, April 15, 2010

My little brother is 10 years old and an amazing poet, mashAllah. He has compiled a small book of his poetry and is beautiful on the inside as much as he is on the outside.  I cannot imagine what a profound impact he could have on earth by the time he's my age.  The Creator has truly blessed him with an amazing heart, mind and spirit. May He protect him and increase him, Ameen.


Amir has a reading/writing class and he informed me that they are studying Langston Hughes.  Langston has some great poetry and one of my favorite places to hang out is built in his honor.  I'll be taking my brother there soon, as he is excited to do anything and everything that has to do with poetry and right now, Langston Hughes.  :)  You should google Langston to learn more about him. 


Amir has memorized a few of his poems within the past few days, amazingly and below is his favorite of them all:  (the first part is in the pictures and the 2nd part is below it)

...Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow."

No comments: