Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hypocrite

I am a hypocrite who breathes life.
My actions may not be in the right place,
but my heart definitely is.
You and I have been created to struggle,
which is exactly what I am doing.
Dusk brings me hope every day that I rise,
and as the sun rises,
so too does my soul.
I cling to you just as I cling to tomorrow,
hoping I'll get it right this time.
So know that I am not malicious,
nor do I gain pleasure from my wrongs.
You can't judge me harsher than I judge myself,
for you can't dissect me the way I can.
The reflection in the mirror constantly speaks to me,
reminding me who I am, beneath the smiles,
the poker face and frown.
I see me at night,
before sleep takes me to my temporary death
under the moonlight.
Ask our Creator how a face can become so bright upon waking,
and you shall receive 'Hope' as an answer.
While I constantly stumble on life's path,
remember,
we all fall down.(c)
-MaryamZNoori-

2 comments:

Ibn RUMI said...

mashallah...your quite the poet sister...deep as an ocean...keep it up.

Maryam Noori said...

jazakam'Allahu khairun for your kindness, though I am undeserving of it.