Sunday, January 24, 2010

Friday morning thoughts

Sippin my tea,
I think of you, little girl.
Staring into the horizon, I think of you little boy.
Watching the trees dance,
I remember you, sister.
Watching the breeze blow, I think of you, my brother.

I'm far away but I've seen the fear in your eyes,
pain in your face
and hope in your gaze.

Where to?

I hear the rain on my window
while you hear screams of terror.
I wish I could bring you here with me.

I cry for you while you cry for your family.
I don't want to see what you see.
But I will try what I can,
to help you,
Haiti.(c)
-MaryamZNoori-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mashallah...you should seriously compile your poetry into a book sister.

Maryam Noori said...

Insh'Allah, I am working on it, but sometimes wonder if anyone would even be interested in reading it. Thank you for your support. :)