Friday, June 26, 2009

Reflect...

Reflect, people reflect.
All the negativity coming at you--that’s something to forget.
You need to keep searching if you haven’t found your purpose yet.
All the wrongs you have done-learn from it and for future reference, make it correct.
We’re a beautiful creation, we don’t need to dwell on our regrets.
Caught up in materials, ask yourself when’s the last time you watched the sun set?
Smiling is charity, don’t always look so upset.
I’m just writing my thoughts, my medicine,
my outlet.
Do the same, try it out,
reflect, people reflect.

Don’t get defensive, I’m not here to tell you what to do,
I’m no Dr. King, no Mother Theresa, no Ghandi or Sojourner Truth,
I’m just asking for you to reflect,
do as the thinkers do.
See, a man asked “God, why do you allow suffering in the world?”
He answered, “I was going to ask you the same too!”
We forgot about each other, too focused on worldly illusions untrue.
We’re sisters and brothers, doesn’t matter if we’re black, white, yellow, polka-dotted and blue. Opportunity’s everywhere--to do right and take our Creator’s cue.
Open your heart’s dialogue, learn to understand, see things from another view.
Make 70 excuses for your fellow sister and brother and find the good in each person too.
Stop letting your eyes be bigger than your stomach and with life’s food, don’t bite off more than you can chew.
So much poverty, disaster, war, we’ve become desensitized to helping people,
what kind of monsters are we turning into?
He created nations amongst us to come together,
no factors in being Christian, Muslim, Buddhist or Jewish.

Is it so hard to believe when I say, for the sake of God, I love each and every single one of you?
See, I’m nobody in particular, I’m just a poet sharing some love,
the product of which my heart grew.
I want to share my experience-maybe someone here can relate,
the bolts of your hearts at one point will unscrew.
And remember when you’re hurting and lonely, that my friend,
I’ve felt the same way too.
But the night is darkest before the dawn as its said,
Will you argue and say it’s untrue?
Tomorrows a new day, make a change, try something new.
Reflect people, reflect.

I can go on forever, til your mind falls asleep,
I’m not here for any other purpose than to hope that you take my tea-bag of words
Dip into your heart’s mug and let this elixir seep.
Look at all the people in here,
So much love and beauty, it makes me weep,
It don’t take too much effort, a dollar a day, or a week…
let’s get real,
Savin the helpless ain’t expensive, its pretty cheap.
We’re wasting our time and energy talking bout dirty politics,
gossip, sex or how much our ex was a creep.
Take all that unnecessary stuff comin at you and turn it into something sweet.
The devil’s tryina dance with you,
don’t become his victim of defeat.
We’ve gotta learn our lessons and not let history repeat.
When you’re driving the road of chances,
don’t let yourself take the back seat.
I leave you with this y’all, speak kind words, love all and make promises that you can keep. Reflect people, reflect…©
-MaryamNoori-

2 comments:

Lina said...

Thank you for sharing this Maryam. Your blog is like a refreshing drink of water for my thirsty soul. You are truly talented. May Allah reward you infinitely for the impact you've had on people's lives. Ameen.

Maryam Noori said...

Lina Jaan,
Thank you for your kind words and for your du'a. May Allah reward you as well, Ameen! I have done nothing and if I was to ever touch anyone's life, then it is a blessing and it is all the work of Allah swt. I just hope that these things I post, help others in the way it has helped me.

Love ya sis!