Monday, May 18, 2009

What is this deafening noise I escape from?
Silence.
I run from it, yet I let it catch me…
Something I once craved, I now just let in after a fight…
I use silence as the advantage to be alone with the One who has might,
I cry on silence’s shoulder til it drowns in my tears,
Silence is the noise that brings out my fears…
Yet ironically it’s also the one that has given me peace throughout these hard years…
I put my pen on paper,
But all I get is silence…
My mind has numbed and can no longer make words…
My mojo is off and my vision has become blurred…
My flow has disappeared and my speech is now slurred…
I’ve become erratic, my state is absurd…
Something I hide, that you’ll never see…
Silence…the drunkenness of unity…
Sometimes the only solution to obtaining purity,
I wait til it decides to leave me…©
=M.N=

1 comment:

Abraham Alawi said...

Peace & Tranquility! :^)