Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Face off...

I looked at love in the face and asked it what its purpose is…
Love stared back and told me that it can only show me…it’s just not something that can be described…
I challenged Love and asked what if I was blind and couldn’t see, then what would it do?
Love said that it would still be accomplished…
I told love that I have heard, written and spoke about its existence a lot, but still wanted to know how to describe it to others…
Love took my hand and caused my heart to soar…
As I was swimming through tides of various emotions,
Love told me this is what its purpose is…to cause people’s hearts to feel….
Love was created by the Beloved and was sent as a gift and test to humanity…
Love pointed to the sky, the mountains and the trees,
As well as animals, people and the seas…
Love said “this is all created by He” and I realized all of this needs to be cherished by We.
We are taught to love our Creator’s creation…though it be temporary
And as my heart was taking a flight, I came to the realization
That even if I was blind, Love was able to show me…
Love has not let my feet touch the ground, as it has only caused me to fly higher…
As each day passes, my heart expands and no water can extinguish the warmth caused by Love’s fire…
Love is transcendence to the most High…
Were it not for Love to show me and for me to ask love,
I would have never paid attention to the signs of the one Above…
Love has many forms, purposes and ways,
Master your ego and lose yourself to love for the rest of your days…
Take Love’s flight and open your eyes to see what is shown,
Open your heart’s dialogue and learn what needs to be known…
Fly with me in this open, universal space
To catch a flight though, with your heart exposed, you must first stare Love in its face….(c)
-MaryamN-

No comments: