Friday, October 10, 2008

so i'm going to a retreat insh'Allah for the weekend...i'm leaving tonight..driving out to the mountains, in a random, far-away location by no-man's land...Abrams Creek...gonna soak up all of the yoga, meditation, breathing exercises, drumming and healing i can get. 3-5 hours of silence a day..SWEET!!! I have been waiting for a retreat like this for a long time. But I guess as the laws of attraction work, when you want something very bad, it usually wants you the same way. This is the perfect way to contract from this dunya and to center myself...to get visual, mental and spiritual clarity...something i have been yearning for a long time...

Life is short..only our Creator knows if i'll ever make it there...if i'll ever make it back...or if i'll even make it home today to pack up and leave for my destination...what is our destination? We never know...we have plans but Allah has plans and HE is the master planner...Allah...

My heart is flapping its wings...it's ready to take flight....
my soul is lifting its anchor...its ready to flow down life's streams...
my mind is oiling its wheels, its preparing for a mental unwind and stimulation...

Goin for a ride....

I am constantly reminded of how short life is...I live my life everyday realizing that I might not make it to the next minute...I have experienced quite a few deaths and know the sweetness of life to a certain extent...

So if i don't make it to the next day...or if i don't get to post again...

I pray that my writings have touched atleast one individual enough to make a change or to do better....I just share my thoughts and I hope that someone benefits from any of my experiences or lessons I have learned. Allah gave me the need to write for a purpose...so I hope I have fulfilled it to some extent.

Live life, love all of Allah's Creation, love our Creator and our Prophet and give a damn about humanity.....LOVE...PEACE...MAHABA...SALAM...






(the pics included are of Abrams Creek)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May Allah prolong your lifetime and keep you a mercy in this world where only few still exist around.

-- Paraclete