Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Random spill...and anotha one...

Long time...haven't dumped my thoughts out in awhile...
decided to try it out to see what comes of it...who knows...we shall see...

Taking a break from work...have the after-taste of my Caramel Latte still on my tongue..tastebuds savoring every last bit of taste it can get...It's chilly today...the latte soothed my throat as it went down, warming up my insides. I love fall....the leaves are changing color as I look out the window by my desk...beautiful hues of burnt orange, cinnamon, yellow, green and red..subhan'Allah...I thank my Creator for granting us the gift of color and the gift of sight...these small things are what we are to appreciate...

As I watch the leaves dancing in the wind, I can't help but want to switch places with it...It hangs on to the tree as it sways back and forth, being caressed by the breeze...As the leaves rustle against each other, they converse amongst one another, probably praising its Master..maybe sharing observations of what they have seen in the parking lot..or maybe they are talking about me..wondering why I'm staring at them for so long...with such longing in my eyes..to take their place for a brief moment...

Think I'm crazy, huh? Well if the answer is yes, then that works for me. If you have never thought outside the box, never wondered what its like to be another..then you need to reflect...don't be so surfaced...get deep...

We miss too much with our eyes...all we notice usually are buildings, street lights, car dashboards, food, TVs, pictures, monitors, keys, etc. Let's look at the sky...let's gaze at the streams...examine the trees and smell the flowers... really just think for a second as to when is the last time you watched a cloud float by...YES, we are all super-busy...I definitely can relate..but make time.........
people can take smoke-breaks at work...use that time and take a Reflection-break.....word..(c)
-MN-

1 comment:

xeila said...

Nice post, and pretty pictures.. masha'Allah.