Friday, September 12, 2008

Only You...


My Lord,
I should only run to you,
but I don't...atleast..not enough...

I should only cry to you,
but I don't...sometimes, just sometimes others might hear me...

I should only cling to you,
but I don't, I try to find other things to keep me distracted...

I should only vent to you,
but I don't, at moments others know of my frustrations...

I should only sigh when we're alone,
but I know at times I have done so loudly...

I should only bare my soul when you're the only one with me,
but there are some who know of my weaknesses....

I should only want love from you alone,
since everyone else is selfish...

I should want to be with you ultimately,
but there are some that I just can't let go of...

Grant me strength, envelope me in your warmth--so I can feel and no longer be numb to your Love and Mercy....

This piece of flesh called my heart, it is oh so weak...constantly letting myself be hurt by others, let down by some and abused by a few...

Help me purify it again, to where my love affair started for you...

I know your love doesn't compare to theirs....theirs is oh so superficial and conditional..

Oh unconditional one, oh merciful one, lower your wing of mercy to me, as you have countlessly been doing so...

I...love...you....(c)
-MaryamN-

1 comment:

TremblingHand said...

Even though the last posts were good, it's great to see a new one from you.