Thursday, July 24, 2008

Gotta…


I gotta go, gotta go, gotta go away from here.
I’m running towards salvation,
Tired of facing my worst fears…

I know its meant to make me stronger,
It has made my life’s value much more dear,
But I’m afraid of this life-lesson,
The answers are becoming way too clear…

The comfort of illusion,
this temporary bliss,
makes you fall weak to your knees,
when you receive the devil’s kiss.

I gotta go, gotta go, gotta go away from here.
I’m running towards salvation,
Tired of facing my worst fears…

Constant battle of right and wrong,
Stuck in time, can’t tell the difference between night and day,
I must get to the place for which my heart longs,
I just have to find my way.

Life is just an expiration date,
For when you leave this temporary earth,
You’ll realize material has no value,
We have to learn about Love’s true worth…

I gotta go, gotta go, gotta go away from here,
I’m running towards salvation,
Tired of facing my worst fears…

God tests those whom He loves the most,
This I know is true,
And when I think I can’t go further,
I know my Creator will be with me then, too. (c)

-Maryam Noori

No comments: