Saturday, May 31, 2008

Thunderstorms....


So it's me and my free-writin again.
Saturday, early evening, late afternoon,
pickin up mother nature's pattern for the day,
the rain has been coming and going, coming and goin, comin and.....
everything is so fresh, the sky cried upon us and let its tears stream down our creeks...
the earth rumbled, the ground shook, the horizon lit up with every bolt of thunder....
I ran out of the Toys R' Us, after buying my friend's newborn nephew a gift.
People were standing by the doors, holding bags over their heads, hesitating to go out,
scared of Nature's beautiful expression of emotion.
I walked out into the storm without hesitation, I have faced many storms in my life.
Mental hurricanes, twisters, earthquakes--why would I hesitate to make contact with the rain?
I walked out, feeling the raindrops kiss my hands, my clothes, my face, my feet....
Walked through puddles of rain, flip-flops becoming heavy as it quenches the water,
I saw hail all around me.
I love thunderstorms like this.
I'm home now, thinking a lot.
There's a flood outside my house and a flood inside my house.
The flood is in me...it's in my mind...my thoughts...
I wish the flood was just a rainstorm in my mind,
washing my unwanted thoughts away,
washing my pain, my sadness, my anger, my anxiety, my.....
oh the list could go on forever....
Raindrops are dripping off the leaves of the tree in front of my view.
It looks re-born...
It looks so beautiful...
The wind caresses the tree,
causing it to sway side to side in ecstasy.
Nature...beauty....God's creation.
I love thunderstorms...
I love the rain...
Love....
Love...
Love.
Maryam Noori


No comments: