Friday, January 11, 2008

If you are busy with yourself now,
you will be busy with yourself then.
If you are busy with God now,
you will be with Him then.
-Abu Hamid al-Ghazali

I looked at all friends and did not find a better friend than safeguarding the tongue. I thought about all dresses, but did not find a better dress than piety. I thought about all types of wealth, but did not find a better wealth than contentment in little. I thought of all types of good deeds, but did not find a better deed than offering good advice. I looked at all types of sustenance, but did not find a better sustenance than patience.
-Umar (Ra)

If you want to talk to Allah,
perform Salah.
If you want Allah to talk to you,
read Qur'an.

If those who do not possess knowledge avoid the scholarly discussions, disagreement will end.
-Abu Hamid al-Ghazali

No comments: