Wednesday, December 19, 2007

My Plea


Allah allah allah allah
Help me please,
My heart is so black and consumed with hypocrisy
Its infected with disease.
I have strayed so far,
I have been busy doing as I please,
I am so ashamed,
Why am I committing these sins with so much ease?
Why do I forget this life is nothing but an illusion-a mere tease?
Allah Allah,
Help me please,
Remind me the heat of the Hellfire goes beyond degrees,
Forgive me for my sins,
Which are as long as the seven seas.
I cling to you, my Beloved,
Give me strength,
Remind me that the shortest distance to solving my problem is the distance between the floor and my knees.
Allah allah allah…
Help me please...


-Maryam Noori 11/29/07


3 comments:

Isha's Son said...

I like your Plea
I believe prayer is the key
Regardless of your religion
We worship the same God
I also express my prayers thru poem
When I talk to my Lord

Adam said...

Mashallah!

Maryam Noori said...

Isha's Son - thank you and you're right, I agree totally!

Thanks, Adam.


Appreciate the feedback.